Are you an individual who is motivated by curiosity, driven for success and excellent customer service? Do you like working in a fun, fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment? CDW is currently looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to join our Hybrid Cloud team.
The Solutions Architect at CDW is a pre-sales customer focused role where creative thinking, public speaking and broad technical expertise is required. The role of the Solutions Architect is to keep abreast of current state and trends in the changing Cloud landscape and use this knowledge to credibly qualify, position and architect hybrid Cloud solutions for CDW customers.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess the Cloud technical and pre-sales expertise needed to lead the design, development and delivery of projects. With proven experience overseeing all aspects of Cloud projects, your track record of identifying business opportunities and driving profitable success will be exceptional. Your outstanding relationship building skills and ability to develop strong working partnerships will lead you to success in this exciting opportunity.
Some infrequent travel may be required for training or as a result of a specific customer requirement. Core Responsibilities
- Understand Cloud best practices around architecture, security and storage to meet various customer needs
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the Cloud platform
- Establish credibility and build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements
- Design solutions for customers using the best mix of vendor-partner products through the creation of SOWs
- Collaborate directly with the sales team to formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives and be responsible for all the technical aspects of the sale during the entire sales cycle
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using Cloud service
- Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and share that knowledge with current and perspective customers
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects required Problem Solving.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist)
- Required Technical Qualifications
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management required
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- One of more of the following certifications: AWS, Azure or GCP
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Big Data, Security
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required: SQL including OSS (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.), Azure SQL, NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc.), Cosmos DB
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women