The CDW Partner Specialist position is focused on supporting CDW Account Managers with technical pre-sales questions on a specific assigned vendor partner while conducting proactive activities to increase sales. Partner Specialists will have direct day-to-day contact with CDW Account Managers and engagement with customers. The Partner Specialist role is also responsible for educating Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them for their assigned vendor partner.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for answering high level technical questions relating to their assigned partner or category
- Educating account managers on their assigned partners solutions in market and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders to minimize RMAs and identify potential add-on opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying net new opportunities for their assigned partner’s solutions within CDW’s current customer base
- Responsible for identifying net new customer opportunities for their assigned partner’s solutions
- Identify tools for increasing CDW Account Manager productivity.
- Obtain relevant industry certifications and attend approved outside trainings.
- Develop sales tools to assist account managers in providing solutions to their customers.
- Daily tracking of interactions with Account Managers, training and other job-related activities.
- Conduct conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Assist in training of CDW Account Managers.
- Work with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, CDW, Partners, and Account Managers.
- Assist assigned Partners with internal marketing efforts at CDW designed to increase sales.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives.
Qualifications What you need to succeed
- 4 year college degree or 2 years industry experience in a pre-sales consultation role.
- 2+ yrs experience in IT Channel Sales.
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Motivated and self starting.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives
Who we are
- Experience in technology sales
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.Awards and Recognitions
- #178 on the Fortune 500 list
- #81 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work
- #1 on Channel Daily News’ Top 100 Solution Providers List across Canada
- Fortune’s Future 50, an index that evaluates the long-term growth prospects of major public companies
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
- Comprehensive package: healthcare, dental, vision, paid vacation time and sick days
- Coworker stock purchase program
- Coworker discounted purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement for those wishing to further their education